http://youtu.be/B4YK4WzwOjQOn Saturday Sept 20th, Top Buttons held a wardrobe makeover event for some very deserving teens in need from the Central Florida area. The teens that participated in the event were nominated by well-known civic and religious organizations such as PACE Center for Girls, Girls Inc, and The Dream Center. We were truly overwhelmed by response of the girls who participated in the event. When they arrived some were nervous and some excited, but all left with a huge smile that radiated with a newfound or renewed sense of self-confidence.
Providing wardrobe and beauty makeovers for 32 girls was a privilege for all of us on the Top Buttons team. Our hope was that each girl would leave with much more than things, we wanted them to leave with an experience which would inspire them for a lifetime.
Each girl who participated received a Top Buttons T-shirt (THANKS TO ALL WHO PURCHASED THEIR OWN TOP BUTTONS T-SHIRT PRIOR TO THE EVENT) and quality used clothing donated from the local community!
As a part of this experience, we also spent a portion of time sharing about the mission of TB, the importance of "considering the message we send with our clothing choices," and some important tips on how to avoid being trafficked right here in the US.
Each girl also received: (We have to use exclamation points, because each gift was truly a HUGE DEAL!!!)
- A swag bag designed and donated by Madden Branded Goods with gifts from the community inside!
- Adorable black tights and lovely studded earrings from Whimsy Boutique!
- A large bag of makeup and hair products from Cosmo Prof!
- Lip gloss and cute pens wrapped in fun socks from Eliska Poirier!
- Style boards to help them understand their style personality from Ahndea May!
- Some of the participants who had a special clothing need received gift certificates from Plato’s Closet!
- Yummy refreshments from Sweet Magnolia Tea Room!
- A free hair cut, style, and makeup from Supercuts and Salon Salvatore, and other exceptional makeup artists, named below!
- A professional photo shoot by the photographer extraordinaire, Jen Duarte!
Scroll down to see some of the amazing before and after photos of the participants!
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO ALL
Who donated clothing!
We had clothing, which was mailed to us from outside of our local community too. The racks were full of beautiful pieces for our participants to choose from. The leftover clothing was placed in storage for our next Wardrobe Makeover Event to be held in the Spring of 2015 and some has been donated to local women's organizations.
- Cresendo- Public Relations Turned Up, YOU ROCK!
- JBurns Pizza
- Barrow and Powers Financial Services
- Sweet Magnolia Tea Room
- Whimsey Boutique
- Madden Brand Agency
- Platos Closet of Lakeland
- Cosmo Prof
- Ahndea May
- JC Penny Lakeland
- Chick-fil-A North and South Lakeland
- Firehouse Subs
To all the hair stylists and makeup artists who stood on their feet the entire day without a break while providing free hair cuts, and makeup for the girls to have the finishing touches before their photo shoots. You wowed us all!
- Dana Hager - District Leader for Regis Brands
- Anthony Barcelo- Senior District Leader Regis Brands
- Leslie D'Elia- Regional VP for Regis Brands
- Paige Canaster- Shift Manager at Supercuts
- Nichole Wilson - Stylist at Smartstyles
- Tiffany Shouse - Manager at Smartstyles
Independent Makeup Artists
AND all volunteers who jumped in to help with whatever was needed
- Aimee Perkins-Scott
- Katie Deloach
- Becky Waddell
- Christina Ingrassia THANKS FOR THE AMAZING BLOG POST ON THE WARDROBE MAKEOVER EVENT!
- Alexis Gauthier
- Chelsey Davis
- Jenna Olinger
- Brittany McMillen
- Annie Ward
- Abigail Gallagher
- Sierra Martinez
- Lauren Sandoval
- Sarah Szatmary
- Rachel Jordan
- Chelsey Jones
- Chris Fuson
- Kaley Fuson
- Ashley Lumetta
Recap Event Video
- Produced and Edited by Taylor Murray
- Assisted by Destiny Young
Extra Help from the Powers Family
- Sandy Perlewitz, you know you are a miracle worker. We love you!
- Brent, Brooklyn and Madison
Help from Afar - We wish you could have been here for the event!!!
- Anastasia Jones
- Molly Dodd
- Rebekah Miura