A dramatic eye paired with a barely there lip is a classic look with high impact. Taylor Swift often wears this combination and it always looks amazing. Today, I am going to tell you exactly what you need to know in order to achieve this glamorous makeup look. For the face:
- Start with applying a primer. This will help your foundation to go on smooth and last longer.
- Next, apply foundation. I would suggest a full coverage foundation such as Mac Pro Longwear. Don't forget to put it on your eyelids and to set it with powder, this will help your eyeshadow to stay on longer and to go on evenly.
- Apply concealer under the eyes and on blemishes.
- Set your foundation with powder. Choose one that has a full coverage, flawless finish. Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder is an excellent option that has a radiant, red carpet effect.
- Apply a peachy pink blush to the apples of your cheeks.
For the eyes:
- Use a brow pencil to fill in and shape your eyebrows.
- Choose eyeshadows in the following colors: light grey, light brown/or taupe, charcoal/or black, and white. Dior Royal Khaki has a fun combination of colors that work well in creating a smokey eye. You can use the gold shimmer in that palette as a substitute for light brown.
- Sweep the light grey shadow on your lid up to the crease.
- Take the light brown color and work it across the crease and then blend slightly above the crease. Mixing in a light brown or taupe color adds depth and warmth to a palette of greys.
- Next, take the charcoal color and apply it to the outer corners of your eyes and blend in to the crease.
- Use the white color to highlight under the brow bone and in the corner of the eyes
- Take a black liner and line the upper and lower lash line. To soften the look you can take an eyeliner brush, dip it into the grey shadow and sweep it over the pencil line. For a more dramatic look, you can use the charcoal shadow to brush over the pencil liner.
- Apply false lashes. Ardell Demi Wispies would work great for this look.
- Apply a black, thickening mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
For the lips:
- Line lips with a neutral liner and add a nude lipstick. Mac lipstick in the color Myth works well, paired with Smashbox The Nude Lip Liner.
Now that you have all of the tools and steps that you need to achieve this look, its time to practice, practice, practice! Your makeup may not come out perfect the first two times or ten times! But, just remember that practice makes perfect. Once you have this look down, you are going to love it!