Personal style is a journey. It always changes and evolves with you and your lifestyle. One season you may lean toward classic styles and the next you may love bohemian prints and silhouettes! Your fashion choices can change from day to day. That is the fun of fashion; it is self-expression and it is meant to be fun. Here are some tips to help you a long the way as you find your personal style:
What is style? It is an effortless confidence in being yourself, it is a way of putting yourself together according to what you want to project. -DVF
1. Create a Pinterest account and start pinning images of outfits that you like. This will help you to identify your likes and dislikes. It will also help to train your eye in how to put together a complete look. The images should also serve as an inspiration for mixing patterns and colors.
2. Gather your favorite fashion magazines and tear out pictures of outfits that you like.
3. Take these images with you when you go shopping and look for similar pieces. Try them on and see if the style works on you.
4. Know your body type. Once you know what styles and silhouettes work for you, it will make shopping so much easier.
5. If you get stuck, enlist the help of a friend. Think of someone whose style you admire and ask them to go shopping with you. Having a second opinion can be extremely helpful.
After all, style is something each of us already has-all we need to do is find it. -DVF
The key to finding your style is first gathering inspiration; whether it is from fashion magazines or from friends that you admire. The next step is to know your body type. Inspiration and knowledge are the seedbeds to creativity.