When you hear the word "hack," you typically think of an anti-social person locked into a room full of computers trying to crash the Internet, but the concept of "hacking" can actually be applied to fashion. We know what you're thinking: how? or why?
[blockquote]You see, the idea behind hacking is to think of a faster or alternative way to outsmart a system. So, why not outsmart fashion? [/blockquote]
We've compiled a list of crafty remedies and DIY projects for you to try in order to help salvage your favorite pair of boots or perhaps avoid spending money on expensive lip stain.
1. If you have ever ripped a pair of tights, you know how much paranoia accompanies the thought of whether or not the hole will grow and you'll ruin your favorite pair. To avoid this, spray a light coat of hairspray on them to strengthen and seal the material.
2. I'm sure you can find atleast one sweater in your home that hasn't been worn in ages. To let the memories live on in a different style, repurpose it! Here's a cute diagram on how to cut it into a trendy infinity scarf. (Save the sleeves for hack #3.)
3. Need cute legwarmers to match your scarf? Use those sweater sleeves! Pull them up to add a layering effect under your boots. This is a great way to save money and time trying to find the perfect combination of socks and scarf.
4. To keep those boots in tact and to prevent from the added wear and tear of improper closet care, put pool noodles on the inside of your boots to help them keep shape and stand up right. Your boots will last ALOT longer and you won't have to buy a new pair every winter.
5. Have you ever ruined a white shirt due to yellow armpit stains? Fear no more for the days where people see those stains. Just spray some lemon juice on to the pits to extract the color.
6. Speaking of color, there's one thing that is okay to stain, and that's your lips! Instead of purchasing expensive lip-stain, why not do it yourself with Kool-Aid? Plus, it tastes good too!
All of these fashion hacks and more can be found on Alexis' Pinterest.